Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Cars Through the Years

If there's one thing my Dad and I have in common, it's a love of cars! I'm just crazy enough over my cars that I still dream about the first one I ever had and always wake up wish I still had it.
I remember loving cars way before I could drive. My best friend, John Mark Allen, and I created our own car companies and for years we produced brochures and 3-D mock ups of our creations. Those were fun times!
I decided to go back and get photos together of my vehicles through the years. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a pic of my Jeep Liberty, but I found one of the identical color and model. The same is true of the "green machine" I owned for just a month...but I'm not so sad about that. I told Dad that I'm never traded off a car again because I always regret letting them go. No, that's not very practical thinking. I guess I'm alright as long as I don't buy any more cars, hum?
So, here they are:

Here I am washing my first car in Pulaski, it was a 1987 BMW 325i.



My short lived mistake, a 1995 Geo Prizm in "Tropical Green Mica", yikes! The dashboard was warping from the get-go. Foolish mistake.

I
I really miss this one! My 1995 BMW 525i. Awesome car.


I sure loved having Grandma's GMC Sonoma pickup. I couldn't have built my garden without it. Later in it's life, it was covered in stick-on apples to advertise Appletree Furniture, Dad's store-in our store concept. We're glad it found a new home with relatives of Arturo, Mom and Dad's landscaper, in Mexico.


Here's my 2003 Jeep Wrangler in "Steel Blue". The Wrangler was fun, but I never used it the way it was intended to be used. It was not very powerful and too noisy, so it didn't stay around long.



Late in 2003, I traded the Wrangler for my Z3. I had wanted a Z3 since they first came out. When I found out that the Z3 had been replaced with the new Z4, I scrambled to find a Z3. My 2000 Z3 was purchased at CarMax with about 24K miles. I found it online and they shipped it here. This is such a fun car and I hope to never let it go!



In 2004, I purchased my silver Jeep Liberty. This picture is one I found on the Internet. I'd have kept the Liberty if it had been a 4X4. Plus, I ripped a nasty whole in the ceiling while loading some wood. That's why I needed a truck again ;)





So, in the summer of 2005, I purchased my '05 Dodge Dakota 4X4. It's been a great truck so far, and I look forward to enjoying it for many more.



And finally, my new 2008 BMW 128i in Cashmere Silver. I'd been wanting a new BMW coupe for a while. I really liked the new 3 series coupes, but they never seemed to get the right car in, and I'm way too impulsive to order one. When the new 1 series came out, I was thrilled. I wrestled with buying this car, but kept driving by the dealership to see if it was still there. Finally I decided to go get it and brought it home in July.

No comments: